Home About Youtube Advertise Contact Disclaimer FAQ Image Map

Monday 8 September 2014

DRUGSTORE SERIES GUEST POST: Lipsticks

Hi Beautifuls!

So let me first quickly introduce myself. My name is Nicky Kaur from www.nickykaur.blogspot.com. I am a passionate fashion and beauty blogger as well as a student who loves anything and everything beauty related from lipstick to mascara and heels to statement necklaces. Before I begin rambling I best start on the post as I’m one of those people who could talk for years!

My favourites are in no particular order, as for a self-confessed lippy hoarder like myself that would be asking me of the impossible! Just narrowing it down to five was hard enough!
Okay so let’s kick this off with my ‘go to’ lipstick which I have done an FIF with on my blog, Revlon’s Super Lustrous lipstick in Pink in the Afternoon is literally the most perfect everyday nude pink ‘your lips but better’ sort of colour which I absolutely adore! The texture is so super creamy and is one of those colours that I think would look lovely on many skin tones. If out of any of these products this is something you really must try, or even just pop into your local drugstore and just swatch it and I’m sure you’ll fall in love the way I did!

Next is Rimmel’s Moisture Renew in the shade ‘Let’s Get Naked’ discovered from watching Coffee Break with Dani from YouTube, she would always wear this lipstick in many of her videos and as soon as I found out what it was I was off to boots within the hour to pick one up for myself, yes literally an hour. One thing I have to stress is just how lovely not only the colour and creamy texture is but the smell... my oh my!! I am one of those bloggers who are very fussy about scented products and I normally tend not to like many scent but Rimmel has really done a good job with this lipstick! It almost smells like Nivea but better. It’s a lovely nude colour which is uber moisturising (hence the name lasting moisture). This is the best nude I have found that works with my skin tone as I find many tend to wash me out completely.

Last summer Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon was something that every beauty blogger seemed to have it was all the rage and rightly so! It is obvious just how well loved this is as the writing has all seemed to have rubbed off. Peach on the Beach is such a gorgeous peachy pink shade which may not be the most long wearing lipstick however the colour payoff is just wow. I cannot put into words how much I love the colour of this particular shade, yes it is a bit of a cheat as it’s not an actual lipstick but I simply could not just leave it out. If you are looking for a peachy pink then I would definitely recommend this one.

A lot of the lipsticks I pick out tend to be ones that I have seen other beauty bloggers/vloggers use themselves and this one I saw Raisa Cheema use in one of her videos and I instantly wanted to try it out for myself. I do sometimes tend to shy away from reds and such colours but this is one of those that can be used as a transition into getting the confidence to wear such red colours. Although this does have orange undertones it actually doesn’t make my teeth look yellow which I was honestly quite shocked about which made me feel more drawn towards it. I can see myself wearing it even more in the summer months (or probably days as we seem to get in England). Out of all of the lipsticks mentioned in this post I think it’s a tie between this and the next lipstick in regards to longevity that much so that they both stained my arms when I tried to swatch them. Seventeen Stay pout lipstick.

This lipstick is the one I was most excited to tell you about as we can get it from Next stores in England!! I know right, how exciting! It feels like we've been waiting forever so as soon I heard the news I was literally stalking my next store, don’t worry I’m not really that much of a creep lol. NYX does some really lovely matte shades which are incredibly long wearing. Bloody Mary by NYX is something which took me a lot to wear as it is a red shade and seemed quite daring for me as I stayed away from my normal pink lipstick comfort zone. This lipstick somehow made my skin look clearer even in some pictures it was quite noticeable and gave me a fresh faced kinda look, obviously aside from the bold red lip. Another colour I would recommend if you’re not so sure of red shades is Angel from the same collection, a more of a brighter pink shade which has the same lovely consistency; did that really surprise you that I mentioned yet another pink? One thing I still do with all lipsticks that I wear is put a thin layer of lip balm underneath just to reduce any drying that may occur from reapplying lipsticks throughout the day.

Okay so that’s all my top five favourite drugstore lipsticks! The best thing is that all these lipsticks are so affordable and tend to be on offer a lot of the time. Just want to say a big thank you to the gorgeous Sophie (a.k.a CosmeticsCase) for allowing me to guest blog here on her amazing blog! This has been a very exciting opportunity and I hope you all have enjoyed it as much as I have! If you have any questions please ask away!

Nicky xo

2 comments:

  1. I especially like the look of the Rimmel one, I'd love to try it out myself

    Anything & Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such fab lipsticks! Thanks for commenting xo

      Delete